Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Novels.

For those who didn't know, reading novels was a favourite past time of mine. I was a serious bookworm. Then high school set in and I began to read less ... and less ... and well, you get the idea. That's how I think of it anyway. It could be due to the fact that I couldn't seem to find many books of interest to me in the libraries or the fact that my trips to the library have decreased as well.

I'm pretty disappointed at myself in the fact that I haven't been regularly reading books or slowly immersing myself back into my old habits. Because of that, I've found that my reading pace has seriously decreased and words don't really sit for long in my brain. My hearing abilities and retaining the heard information has also decreased as well, but I'm not sure that that's really related. But eh.

So it's been a long time since I've picked up some kinda of proper reading material. Something enjoyable, that'll sustain my interest and preferably in series form (because I don't really like reading single books unless the blurb sounds vaguely interesting). I mean, right now I'm going through "A Purpose Driven Life" all over again and yes that is really enjoyable, interest sustaining and even better, thought inducing ... but it's not really "novel" material.

So! Since my sister purchased the whole series of Stephanie Meyer's 'Twilight' series and to which they magically appeared on my bookshelf (not =P), and because there's such a massive craze about it ... I have decided to start on this 4 book series and find out just what it is that's so interesting about it. I mean, vampire love story ... I'm sure there's other stories out there like that (ie. Vampire Knight ... but who knows, that's an anime) And then the whole girls going crazy of Edward Cullen thing. And then the fact that the 'Twilight' movie is coming out soon or later ... don't get it.

But I guess I'll find out soon from reading it. Maybe this will be something 'entertaining' for me to do for the next week or so depending on how fast I read. And also, I (for once) will be a good girl and not read the last few pages of the novel before flipping back to the front and start reading it. Heh ...


On the other hand ... holidays are here! (since a week ago though... but I haven't updated since) And the weather is so munted! And eating cheese fondue is such a funny experience XD

I'll try update more tomorrow and more regularly before I detach myself from the cyberworld in about 2 weeks for about 2 months ._.

No comments: