Friday, May 15, 2009

One month.

Until exams are upon us. This time next month, I would have finished exactly one exam, brain dead, be at home (as I am now) studying my bum off for the next two exams the following day whilst in brain dead mode and hopefully get some kind of sleep between then and 6am the next day...

... yay.

Such is life for me in the coming month (and the lead up to it). My exam timetable sucks. Massively. Sorry to those who have heard me complain countless times already, I shall stop, I know it does me no benefit whatsoever.


So during this period of busyness, added stress loads, impending doom and whatnot, its made me think about the actual significance and importance of all this uni stuff and its relation to other things in life and getting priorities straight.
[Random thoughts]
God? Friends? Uni? Work? Which is more important? For me, God will always have the highest priority. Everything else I do comes after that and are the constant reminders of all the wonderful things God has done for and given me. "Second" would be friends. Time is precious. Time passed is time gone, never again will the time be given back. Savour the moments and grab the opportunities. I know recently I've bumped into family friends I hadn't properly seen/talked to in a long time and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to catch up with them (and my classes finishing early, lol). "Third" and "everything else" would be uni and work and all that. Yes uni is "important" in that it gets you a job for the future (or so it's supposed to, lol) so that you can start on the stuff you do in life after study (cbb with details), but is it really worth all that time you put into it, to get super good marks or whatever, and not do much of anything else? Or rather, is it really worth that extra effort to get you over some mark threshold when you could've (eg) used that time to check up on a friend, or talked to a friend who needed someone to talk to, shared the gospel with someone, etc.? Work ... why do we work? Are we doing it for the money or for the experience or something else? If for experience, ok, if for money, why? Either way, if we're still studying, do we really need to work/work so many hours?
In any case, " " priority stuff beforehand was said so because it all has somewhat of an equal priority/importance/whatever. Making the right decisions/choosing between them though ... hmm. Aand I really don't know where I'm going with this ... I'm so tired.
[/Random thoughts]

Tis very cold right now.

No comments: