Times like waking up at 10.30, wondering downstairs at 11 and being faced with the decision of what to eat is such a long and hard process. First you think: "So there's about an hr til lunch or so called time for lunch... do I fill myself up now or eat something little and wait til later before eating an actual lunch?" Then after making your mind up about that, you either: Option 1) Find some biscuits or a slice of bread (if you choose to eat something little and wait for lunch) or Option 2) Begin to search the house for food options (if you decide to fill yourself up asap).
So I chose option 2 because I was starving (*gasp* everyone is shocked). Begin my expedition to find what food was in the house. Open the fridge, faced with leftovers, made a face (not because it was bad, I just didn't want to eat it or rice at that time of day yet). Wandered to the pantry and was faced with packet instant pasta stuffs, made a face deciding against instant pasta (which basically takes about the same amount of time to cook in the microwave as opposed to starting from scratch yourself and cooking the pasta/sauce etc) when *lightbulb*, decided to investigate if we actually had plain pasta or specifically, spaghetti, hanging around the house. Tada! We did! Spaghetti time!! Was gonna make some cheesy cream sauce with tuna but then decided to make some bolognaise just because I hadn't had it in a while.
Next expedition was to find my wanted ingredients.
- Minced beef. Yay (after searching for a while >_>)
- Tomatoes. Lots. Double yay.
- Canned tomatoes/tomato paste (for stronger taste). Yes. Triple yay.
- Some kinda herbs, whether it be basil/parsley/whatever. None/a year overdue o_O. Booo =(
- Cheeeeeese
So after all that was done, cooking time!
*skips the cooking process* =P
Ten minutes (ish) later, finished! Foodtime!
Anyway I had a revelation on how to prepare the plate of spaghetti. First you gotta make sure everything is still relatively warm/hot. Place the spaghetti on the plate, then some grated cheese and THEN put the sauce on top of everything. By doing this, the cheese doesn't form a massive yellow blob on top of the sauce and will look nice (in my opinion anyway) And then like, when you start eating the pasta, the sauce and the (should be) now melted cheese will be twisted along with the pasta, giving you a mouthful of cheesy tasting pasta with sauce! I used to sprinkle the cheese on top of the sauce or add in the cheese whilst cooking the sauce, however, this method by far, is the best yet ... to me anyway XD Spaghetti bolognaise~ *drool*
So that was my morning cooking adventure =P Yay for having Tuesdays off uni. I get to cook myself some breakfast (if I wake up that early) or some nicer lunch as opposed to eating not that tasty and expensive food in uni. Or cup noodles or just plain noodles from home with no meat *cries* just because mum being paranoid about meat going off and me not wanting to use the microwaves. Tuesdays are now going to be my cooking adventure days! =D
Conversation with Michael - what a great idea would this be: Spaghetti and meatball pie! Make the meatballs, cook the spaghetti, make the sauce, throw everything together. Grab a ceramic bowl and line it with pastry, chuck in the spaghetti and meatballs, add some cheese on top, top the whole dish with a layer of pastry and then shove it in the oven to bake for a while. Then, tada! Spaghetti and meatball pie. Really going to invest some time and try it some day. I'm guessing it'll be like pasta bake with pastry, hehe.

No comments:
Post a Comment